When I was a boy their was a saturday morning show called The Banana Splits.
Each week there was a cartoon segment ... Tha Arabian Knights:
The main characters were:
- Prince Turhan A young teenaged boy, a Prince and rightful heir to the throne of the Sultan he owns a magic scimitar that he can be thrown and returns like a boomerang.
- Princess Nida A lovely teenaged girl, cousin to Turhan and daughter of the Caliph. She can fight, but her real talent comes from her ability to disguise herself and alter her voice to mimic others.
- Raseem A tall, muscular man, the token ‘strongman’ of the Knights; also called ‘Raseem the Great’, has the strength of thirty men. He also has a companion in Zazuum; a small donkey.
- Fariek A short, tubby little man who is a somewhat skilled practitioner of the mystical arts; His magic can cast illusions, make objects fly and change one thing into another, etc., He often provided the transportation (a flying carpet, etc).
- Bez A dark-skinned man who is often portrayed as wearing a turban and green clothing; he is also known as ‘Bez the Beast’, for his ability to transform his body into the form of any animal known to man. He can also transform into mythical creatures like winged horse, Roc. His shapeshifting makes him a handy spy for the knights.
- Zazuum A small donkey with long ears, who was Raseem’s companion. Zazuum proved to be a bit of a secret weapon, because if one pulled his tail, it would make the little donkey go berserk; spinning and kicking out like a miniature tornado which can defeat any enemy or destroy any object struck.
I really fancy building these as a little adventuring party for some arabian adventure ...
These are the closest I can come up with so far:
I really need a better Prince Turhan and I am nowhere on the donkey.
(If anyone can suggest a suitable baby donkey miniature I would be most grateful).
Here is all the Araby stuff I have made a start on today and am going to try and get painted this month: