Monday 6 May 2013

A is for Avengers Assemble

When I was a boy I used to love comics ... Super Hero comics. I used to read Marvel comics ... Spider man, The Hulk the X-Men and The Avengers.

This was my first comic. I still have it.



















As you can imagine I have enjoyed the various Super Hero movies over the last few years.
But the best film of the year, in 2012, and without a doubt the best film in the genre so far was Avengers Assemble. (Joss Whedon really knows how to make a cool movies).















Now my boy is really into Super Heroes so I thought it would be cool to play a few Super Hero games with him.

Now as it happens, almost 30 years ago in 1984 Games Workshop produced a Super Hero Role-Playing game called Golden Heroes and in the same year TSR produced Marvel Super Heroes RPG. Now I have both of these along with the earlier Champions RPG. (I was into Role playing games in a big way before I really got into Warhammer)
















So I am all set for rules ... I just need some minis.

Now as some of you may know Heroclix has been banging out Super Hero minis for years ... Some of the sculpts are not bad but the paint jobs (They are prepainted) are not that great.











So my plan is to pick up a bunch of Heroclix and see if I can't give them a nice new paint job to bring them up to my Table top standard.

So I thought I would make a start with Avengers.



















Captain America:

















Iron Man: (Before and After)

















The Hulk: (Before and After)



 















The Avengers Assemble:



 




No comments:

Post a Comment